Set in a private, wooded location that truly allows guests to get away from it all, Cabin On The Crook is the ideal place for your next vacation to the North Georgia artist’s enclave of Rising Fawn. Quaint meets modern in this lovely home that offers the rustic charm of a classic cabin with the modern amenities that today’s traveler is looking for. Experience the novelty of ship ladder stairs and exposed wood and brick detailing alongside Smart TVs, Wi-Fi, and sustainable initiatives. From quiet mornings sipping coffee on the front porch while enjoying views of the beautiful grounds, to lazing away the afternoons in the loft’s hammock chairs and evenings spent roasting s’mores over the firepit, this is a place where wonderful memories are made.
Your visit to Cabin On The Crook also contributes directly toward funding the owner’s stewardship of 7 acres of preserved land along Johnson's Crook, and helps secure the longevity of this covenant. Sustainability is at the forefront here, with guest composting and recycling options, a pollinator garden, energy efficient heating and cooling, and stocking of environmentally friendly toilet paper and products all assisting in the effort to preserve this fragile ecosystem for future generations.
• Living room with vaulted ceiling
• Full kitchen including a dishwasher and standard small appliances
• Primary en-suite king bedroom
• Ensuite bathroom features a clawfoot tub, sink, and toilet
• Second bedroom with queen bed
• Second bathroom accessed through the kitchen or second bedroom and has a walk-in shower, sink, and toilet
• Ship ladder stairs up to the loft. Please note these stairs are very cool, and are steep like a ladder, with alternating treads. These stairs are not recommended for small children.
• Loft space with a futon that converts to a double bed
• Two hammock chairs
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Roku Smart TVs, DVD player, record player, and CD/tape player
• Fresh linens, towels, and bath essentials for every guest
From Cabin On The Crook’s location in the quaint town of Rising Fawn just 28 miles from downtown Chattanooga, there are several activities for guests to enjoy in the area. Spend time exploring the nearby Cloudland Canyon State Park the perfect opportunity to observe the ever-changing biodiversity, ecosystems, and habitat.
Also near The Charles B. Henson Cave Preserve at Johnson’s Crook boasts over 40 caves (one of the highest concentrations of caves in the southeast) including Johnson’s Crook Cave, Lost Canyon Cave and Gypsy Cave. Johnson’s Crook Cave is 7,160 feet in length, and Lost Canyon is one of Georgia’s deepest caves at 352 feet with an entrance drop of 114 feet.
Other local highlights include proximity to Lookout Mountain Pottery, Cloudland Canyon State Park, and Rising Fawn’s amazing restaurant scene. The Rising Fawn area has also been an artist’s enclave for decades. To honor the local history, the house is filled with art from the community. Be sure to tag us on social with your favorite piece from the cabin’s collection!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
* Maximum occupancy of 6 guests at all times.
* This home is not suitable for children under the age of 8 years old due to the captains staircase. Older children are most welcome.
• Primary responsible renter must be 25 years old.
• We require a photo of your ID and a photo of yourself as well as your signature on our rental agreement to complete your reservation. We will send a reservation confirmation email to you, and the e-doc rental agreement is located at the bottom of this email( green tab.) Please complete all lines on the rental agreement. Even if you make your reservation through AirBnB, HomeAway, etc (instead of directly through our website) we require this.
* Pets are allowed. We charge a pet fee of $49 per animal-3 pets max. Please keep your pet in a crate if you are not present in the house during the daytime and evening hours. Pets are NOT allowed on the furniture and bedding during your stay, please pick up all pet yard waste.
* There is NO washer/dryer at this home.
• The wood stove in the living room is decorative only (not for use)
• This house has mini split air/heat systems in the bedroom and loft spaces. It does not have central heat and air.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We love guests of all types as long as they pay for the use of the property and take good care of that property during their stay.